Tuesday 2 December 2014

Guilty Pleasures Private View Night

Hi everyone,

I had an amazing time at the opening night of 'Guilty Pleasures'! I want to thank all of you who came to support me and share the love and also the lovely people from Sweet 'Art for organizing the show!

I always forget to take progress photos of my work, but I managed to do so this time for my piece 'Party for One'. I tend to work very differently each time depending on the style, most of my paintings require many layers of oil paint, but for this one I had very little time to complete it, so I built up my acrylic layer more finely and only added one layer of oils which was a challenge as I am not very used to working with acrylics, but I was happy with the final result!



After the acrylic stage was finished I started adding the oils!



I managed to finish this painting in less than two weeks which has to be a record for me as I like to be very precise and build my layers up, but I was pushed very hard and learned a lot along the way and had the chance to share 'Party for One' at a great venue amongst lovely people! Thanks for reading :)








No comments:

Post a Comment